Tuesday, March 4, 2014

What Does the Fox Say?

Oh how I love this song.  If you haven't heard it yet (and subsequently got it stuck on replay in your head for hours), you should watch this now.

I thought I would take advantage of the song's popularity and create a book display.  (This was the display that greeted the kids when they returned from Winter Break.  I'm just a little behind on blogging, as you can tell.) We displayed non-fiction books about each of the animals mentioned in the song.  It was a huge hit. We had to replenish the display at least once a day.  We put books on the shelf under the windows as well as on top of the Junior Non-fiction section. 

It's hard to see in the pictures, but I used Crayola window markers to write all the noises that the fox says in the song.  You can see it a little better in the picture in the bottom right corner of the collage below (I put white paper behind it so it would photograph better).


2 comments:

  1. My younger students still LOVE this song. It's hysterically cute to watch them dance and sing to it. What a great idea to create a display with books about the animals from the song. I like how your bookcases sit low against the wall with windows--an easy to reach display counter with a solid space to hang items on.

    Cheers,
    Amanda Ehll
    thatswhatiwantmychildtoread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda! My students still love it, too. It's just so darn catchy!! :) Although, we're starting to have less fox dance parties and more Frozen dance parties these days.

    We just started using the windows of my office as a bulletin board within the last year or two. We would often put some books on display on that shelf under the window, but now we're more purposeful and intentional about creating a window display with a coordinating book display underneath it.

    Thanks for your comment!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete