Thursday, March 7, 2013

It's March Magazine Madness at the Library!

During National Picture Book Month in November, I let the elementary students check out 4 books (instead of 3) if they checked out at least 1 picture book.  They loved it. And I loved it because they were reading beautifully illustrated picture books; my students LOVE non-fiction, so it's sometimes tough to convince them to read anything but non-fiction.  (I know, I know... it's a great problem to have!)

After the success of picture book month, I was inspired to celebrate "March Magazine Madness" by allowing the kids to check out 3 books PLUS a magazine of their choice. You should see their faces when we tell them about it. Too cute!

We posted signs in the Library about MMM, and I also emailed this Smore digital newsletter to the elementary teachers. (SN: if you haven't used Smore yet, what are you waiting for? It's easy, it's free, and it's such a cool marketing tool!)




No comments:

Post a Comment