Thursday, July 19, 2012

#summerthrowdown #teamlibrarian

So I just did something SO COOL. Or maybe SO CRAZY. I signed up on #teamlibrarian (aka League of Librarians) for the #summerthrowdown.


A team of teachers and a team of librarians are competing to see who can read more books in one month. Round 1 just ended the other day.  I didn't participate in Round 1 because I was uber busy with teaching the course at FSU, traveling, and helping develop a new course at FSU.

Round 2 begins on Sunday. My summer is no less busy now, but I just couldn't bear to miss another round of this super cool challenge.  And frankly, I should be reading at least a book a day for Sunshine State Young Reader's Award Committee, so maybe this will help me with that as well.  Plus, they have shirts.

If you would like to participate, sign up HERE.  But first, you should check out all the rules HERE on the Library Fanatic's awesome blog.  Happy Reading!

(P.S. Hey #teamteachers, it's on like Donkey Kong!)

No comments:

Post a Comment